Over-zealous sentence example
- The archbishop's murder, perpetrated within a month of his return to England (29th December 1170), was, however, the work of over zealous courtiers and regretted by no one more than Henry.
- It endeavours, therefore, to undermine all aspirations of this nature and, its own tendency being essentially international, strives to ensure that national sentiment and national interests shall not find over-zealous champions among the clergy.
- None but a scion of a priestly family could become a deacon, elder or bishop. Accordingly the primacy remained in the family of Gregory until about 374, when the king Pap or Bab murdered Nerses, who had been ordained by Eusebius of Caesarea (362-370) and was over-zealous in implanting in Armenia the canons about celibacy, marriage, fasting, hospices and monastic life which Basil had established in Cappadocia.
- the too sudden adoption of European clothing, rendering the body supersensitive to changes of temperature; lastly, the action of over-zealous missionaries in suppressing the dances, merrymaking and free joyous life of pagan times, and the preaching of a sombre type of Christianity, with deadening effects on the buoyant temperament of these children of Nature.
- seetheish advertisers are seething over what they consider an over-zealous interpretation of the IOC's rules.Advertisement
- We strongly caution against anyone against being over zealous in these matters.
- British advertisers are seething over what they consider an over-zealous interpretation of the IOC 's rules.
- An over-zealous Adrian Miedzinski was excluded from the initial staging of heat two.
- This is not a bag for the over-zealous legal clerk that has big dreams of climbing to the top; after all, if you owned the Ambassador your boss would wonder why you were working a 35K salary job in the first place.