Outriggers sentence example
- Other peculiar trees prized for their wood are: the kauila (Alphitonia ponderosa), used for making spears, mallets and other tools; the kela (Mezoneuron kauaiense), the hard wood of which resembles ebony; the halapepe (Dracaena aurea), out of the soft wood of which the natives carved many of their idols; and the wiliwili (Erythrina monosperma), the wood of which is as light as cork and is used for outriggers.
- These boats are either plain dug-outs, with or without outriggers, or regularly built by planks tightly laced and well caulked to an excavated keel.
- Except for the trireme none of these galleys had outriggers they were all worked over the gunwale.
- I managed to find some sill sections on ebay, and I bought some new front chassis outriggers from a specialist over the phone.
- They were a form of whiff, with roughly the same dimensions, fitted with sliding seats and full outriggers.Advertisement