Outrigger sentence example
- You're bound to like their women's regular Outrigger Water Shorts.
- When the machine had travelled only a few hundred feet, all four of the small outrigger wheels were fully engaged, which showed that the machine was lifting at least 8000 lb.
- Large flat-bottomed boats are towed across the river by small horses attached to an outrigger projecting beyond the gunwale by means of a surcingle or bellyband.
- Rigger (or outrigger) The device that connects the oarlock to the shell and is bolted to the body of the shell.
- This part will be replaced after the rear outrigger has been replaced.Advertisement
- The outrigger affords better leverage than the inrigger, which has rowlocks above the gunwales.
- Outrigger Catamaran offers a spectacular sunset cruise that sails along picturesque Waikiki Beach and includes awe-inspiring views of Diamond Head and other local landmarks.
- The war canoe (which is a long, narrow dug-out outrigger, capable of holding twenty-eight men) is only a transport, for they never fight in it.
- The Marshall Islanders are the boldest and most skilful navigators in the Pacific. Their voyages of many months' duration, in great canoes sailing with outrigger to windward, well-provisioned, and depending on the skies for fresh water, help to show how the Pacific was colonized.