Outmatched sentence example
- This way nobody is hopelessly outmatched against the same player for very long.
- He was guided in turn by the inconsistent advice of Schmerling, Rechberg, Mensdorff, not to mention more obscure counsellors, and it is not surprising that Austria was repeatedly outmatched and outwitted by Prussia.
- Monk and Deane brought on a general action, in which the Dutch were outmatched, and forced to retreat to their own coast.
- On his return to Ireland, Sussex was outmatched both in war and diplomacy; the loyal chiefs were crushed one by one; and the English suffered checks of which the moral effect was ruinous.
- Josh released her and turned on Alex, who waited tensely in the kitchen doorway; hopelessly outmatched, but obviously determined.Advertisement