Outdistanced sentence example
- Finally, making an easy cast, she so far outdistanced the others that everyone was amazed, and I was really ashamed.
- They saw a cub plane apparently giving chase, but it was easily outdistanced by the saucer.
- Moments later, one of the disks put on a ' burst of speed ' and quickly outdistanced its pursuers.
- When she reached the top of the beach, she paused to catch her breath before hurrying after Jade, whose determined walk soon outdistanced her.
- Her unusually swift stride outdistanced both of them.Advertisement
- Marching rapidly, however, Albertone outdistanced the other columns, but, in consequence of allowing his men an hours rest, arrived upon the scene of action when the Abyssinians, whom it had been hoped to surprise at dawn, were ready to receive the attack.
- Champollion outdistanced all his competitors from the first, and had practically nothing to thank them for except material to work on, and too often that had been intentionally withheld from him.
- Popper's often acerbic efforts in this respect outdistanced Aristotle's a thousandfold.
- Its iron and copper and silver and lead were well known: it was also (according to the elder Pliny) the chief source whence the Roman world obtained its tin and quite outdistanced in this period the more famous mines of Cornwall.