Outdid sentence example
- His triumph outdid in splendour all those that went before it.
- It is said that when he preached in the Dominican church of Metz, the bells were rung to drown his voice, but his voice outdid the bells, and on the next occasion he had three thousand hearers.
- The show was to follow the tried and true VH1 dating show format, but the drama off screen outdid the onscreen antics when one of the contestants was accused in a real life murder case, causing VH1 to pull the show after three episodes.
- Some of the old masters of the Yamato school were, however, admirable in their rendering of the burlesqtie, and in modern times KyOsai, the last of the Hokusai school, outdid all his predecessors in the riotous originality of his weird and comic fancies.
- Ramus outdid his predecessors in the impetuosity of his revolt.Advertisement
- At the same time a new enemy arose in the Illyrian pirate fleets, which outdid them in unscrupulousness and violence.
- The levy of ship money and customs by Charles sinks into insignificance beside Cromwell's wholesale taxation by ordinances; the inquisitional methods of the major-generals and the unjust and exceptional taxation of royalists outdid the scandals of the extra-legal courts of the Stuarts; the shipment of British subjects by Cromwell as slaves to Barbados has no parallel in the Stuart administration; while the prying into morals, the encouragement of informers, the attempt to make the people religious by force, were the counterpart of the Laudian system, and Cromwell's drastic treatment of the Irish exceeded anything dreamed of by Strafford.
- Finally, I couldn't end without saying that they really outdid themselves with this one (probably because of how poor Tekken 4 was compared to what it could have been).
- On the death of Tancred (1194) and the accession of his young son William III., the emperor came and conquered Sicily and the Italian possessions, with an amount of cruelty which outdid any earlier war or III revolution.