Out-of-commission sentence example
- Peace negotiations were begun with the Dutch, and the line-of-battle ships were put out of commission.
- Though regiments were disbanded, fleets put out of commission and fortresses dismantled to save the cost of their upkeep, the Crown paid nearly 10o,000 yearly for the maintenance of this new hierarchy, and squandered untold wealth on the erection of churches and monasteries.
- Demolition charges were then emplaced and the entire complex destroyed, putting the arms dump permanently out of commission.
- Also, with many preschool systems being out of commission during this portion of the year, some parents are simply unprepared for the long hours they will now be sharing with their dynamic two-year-old.
- Even a minor food poisoning episode could put you out of commission for about 24 hours.Advertisement
- He flees from his own creation, and falls ill, which puts him out of commission for some months.
- For example, if you choose a uniform that must be dry-cleaned, it will put your uniform out of commission while it is at the cleaners.