Otocyst sentence example
- Two stages in the development of the otocyst can be recognized, the first that of an open pit FIG.
- Further, two distinct types of otocyst can be recognized in the Hydro medusae; that of the Leptolinae, in which the entire organ is ectodermal, concrement-cells and all, and the organ is not a tentaculocyst; and that of the Trachylinae, in which the organ is a tentaculocyst, and the concrement-cells are endodermal, derived from the endoderm of the modified tentacle, while the rest of the organ is ectodermal.
- P, Pedal ganglion with otocyst attached.
- Accordingly the difference is one of position of the otocyst and not of its nerve-supply.
- The right otocyst is seen at the root of the foot.Advertisement
- In Filibranchia and many Protobranchia the otocyst (or statocyst) contains numerous particles (otoconia).
- B, Trochosphere of an Opisthobranch (Pleurobranchidium) showing - shgr, the shell-gland or primitive shell-sac; v, the cilia of the velum; ph, the commencing stomodaeum or oral invagination; ot, the left otocyst; pg, red-coloured pigment spot.