Otiose sentence example
- Amendment No. 18 deletes clause 13, which now becomes otiose.
- Yes, I agree some of my original comments seem otiose, but where made in relation to a flawed solution.
- Again, the anti-Wagnerians were entirely justified in penetrating below the splendidly simple and original orchestration of the night-scene between Ortrud and Telramund, and pointing out how feebly its music drifts among a dozen vague keys by means of the diminished 7th; a device which teachers have tried to weed out of every highflown exercise since that otiose chord was first discovered in the 17th century.
- In it, too, the sense of duty will have become otiose and have disappeared, being essentially a relic of the history of the moral consciousness.
- A list of such otiose great beings in the background of religion is given in Lang's The Making of Religion (1898).Advertisement