Ostrogoth sentence example
- He became a favourite with Theodoric, the Ostrogoth, who ruled in Rome from 500, and was one of his intimate friends.
- Odoacer, like the emperors who had gone before him, made Ravenna his chief place of residence, and here he shut himself up when Theodoric the Ostrogoth had invaded Italy and defeated him in two battles.
- The Ostrogoth collected a fleet and established a severe blockade, which at length caused Odoacer to surrender the city.
- 535), daughter of Theodoric, king of the Ostrogoths, was married in 515 to Eutharic, an Ostrogoth of the old Amal line, who had previously been living in Spain.
- Together with the Thuringi and Warni they were called upon by Theodoric the Ostrogoth about the beginning of the 6th century to form an alliance with him against the Frankish king Clovis, but very shortly afterwards they were completely overthrown in war by the Langobardi.Advertisement
- He was carried for safety into Spain, which country and Provence were thenceforth ruled by his maternal grandfather, Theodoric the Ostrogoth, acting through his vicegerent, an Ostrogothic nobleman named Theudis.
- The line of the Visigothic kings of Spain begins, strictly speaking, with his successor Theudis (53 1548), an Ostrogoth appointed by Theodoric to act as guardian of Amalaric. Hecharaderof had acquired great possessions in the valley of the Vislgothk Ebro by marriage with a Roman lady.
- - 53 1548 An Ostrogoth, general of Theodo nc. Murdered Amalaric, and was murdered in turn at Seville by Theudigesil.
- Most of the chief figures of heroic saga had come up against them: Attila, Hildebrand, the Ostrogoth Theodoric (Dietrich von Bern).