Osteotomy sentence example
- Sometimes the bone around the old femoral implant has to be cut into sections before being removed, in a process called an osteotomy.
- There is no difference in the reported clinical results of medial displacement posterior calcaneal osteotomy and lateral column lengthening.
- Proximal metatarsal osteotomy will give a good correction of the deformity combined with a distal soft tissue correction of the deformity combined with a distal soft tissue correction.
- A combined posterior medial displacement calcaneal osteotomy and Evans osteotomy was used, with transfer of FDL to the medial cuneiform and TA lengthening.
- One common operation is known as an osteotomy of the first metatarsal.Advertisement
- We find that most people who have a proximal metatarsal osteotomy prefer to stay in hospital the night after the operation.
- A first metatarsal osteotomy may be needed in some cases.
- In a young patient in which femoral head preservation is preferred, however, a proximal femoral osteotomy may be indicated.
- You don't usually need a plaster after a distal chevron osteotomy.
- Side of the pelvic osteotomy was 2cm shorter in the femoral segment.Advertisement
- Sometimes a wedge of bone is taken out (closing wedge osteotomy ).
- Although flexion osteotomy was found to be superior to rotational osteotomy, neither procedure gave the patients a functional solution.
- No complications were seen from the donor site or from the osteotomy site on the distal tibia.
- Leave well alone but can do shortening of distal ulna and radius closing wedge osteotomy.
- Between high school and college I had it surgically repaired (called a sagittal split osteotomy) and have not looked back since.Advertisement
- Another related procedure is maxillomandibular osteotomy and advancement, which is a variation on the above procedure and also seeks to move the tongue muscle forward.
- Other orthopedic surgeries that may accompany contracture release surgery include osteotomy, in which a small wedge is removed from a bone to allow repositioning.
- Osteotomy is more commonly performed on the bones in the hips or feet.