Osteomalacia sentence example
- Osteomalacia due to vitamin D depletion: neglected consequence of intestinal malabsorption.
- Certain rare inherited disorders can cause normal kidneys to lose phosphorus, which causes osteomalacia.
- Failure of osteoid to calcify in the adult is called osteomalacia.
- Chronic use of laxatives may result in fluid and electrolyte imbalances, steatorrhea, osteomalacia, diarrhea, cathartic colon, and liver disease.
- Vitamin D levels may be insufficient and bring about a softening of bones (osteomalacia), which produces pain and bony deformities, such as flattening or bending.Advertisement
- However, adults can better handle a vitamin D deficiency than children, so their symptoms of osteomalacia may not seem as worrisome, acute or pressing.
- In adults, severe vitamin D deficiency results in osteomalacia, which confers both weakness of bones and of the muscles.
- Owing to this influence it has been used in rickets and osteomalacia.