Osteogenesis sentence example
- Osteogenesis imperfecta: Also called brittle bone disease, this condition is characterized by fragile bones that are prone to fracturing.
- This service is to be extended further with an adolescent clinic at UCLH where 4-6 patients including osteogenesis imperfecta will be seen.
- Specific diseases causing an increased risk for fractures include Paget's disease, rickets, osteogenesis imperfecta, osteoporosis, bone cancer and tumors, and prolonged disuse of a nonfunctional body part such as after a stroke.
- Osteogenesis imperfecta-An inherited disorder of the connective tissues that involves multiple symptoms, including weakened bones that break easily.
- Osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) is a group of genetic diseases in which the bones are formed improperly, making them fragile and prone to breaking.Advertisement
- In osteogenesis imperfecta, the collagen produced is abnormal and disorganized, which results in a number of abnormalities throughout the body, the most notable being fragile, easily broken bones.
- Unfortunately, because of the unusual nature of the fractures occurring in a baby who is not yet mobile, some parents have been accused of child abuse before the actual diagnosis of osteogenesis imperfecta was reached.
- Niyibizi, C., et al. "Potential of gene therapy for treating osteogenesis imperfecta."
- "Severe osteogenesis imperfecta: new therapeutic options?"
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation. 804 W.Advertisement
- Children born with co-existing craniofacial conditions, such as Apert syndrome, which affects the growth of the jaw, may benefit from a technique called mandibular bone lengthening or distraction osteogenesis.
- However, the process of osteogenesis (development of bone) has not progressed to the point where the bones are "bony."