Osmund sentence example
- See Peter Cunningham, The Story of Nell Gwyn, edited by Gordon Goodwin (1903); Waldron's edition of John Downes's Roscius Anglicanus (1789); Osmund Airy, Charles II.
- In 765 and 770 grants are made by a King Osmund, the latter of which is witnessed by Offa of Mercia.
- It is probable that about this time Offa definitely annexed the kingdom of Sussex, as several persons, Osmund, IElfwald and Oslac, who had previously used the royal title, now sign with that of dux.
- A new edition, based on this, but making use of the Bodleian MS., which differs very considerably from the printed version, was edited by Osmund Airy (Oxford, 1897, &c.).
- Osmund, Remigius and others of the first post-Conquest bishops have left a good name behind them.Advertisement