Orthographic sentence example
- The invention of vowel-signs of diacritic points to distinguish similarly formed consonants, and of other orthographic signs, soon put a stop to arbitrary conjectures on the part of the readers.
- H is merely an orthographic sign; it is used to indicate that two consecutive vowels do not form a diphthong (vehs raho), and, added to c, it denotes the pronunciation of the guttural c at the end of a word (arnich).
- For an orthographic transcription, decisions will have to be taken over spelling conventions.
- It is quite conceivable that the still earlier Sumerian priesthood invented the method of orthographic inversion, which after all is the very first device which suggests itself to the primitive mind when endeavouring to express itself in a manner out of the ordinary.
- The works are constructed by adapting formal graphic principles, largely based on perspectival and orthographic projections, often parodying GUI layouts.Advertisement