Oropharynx sentence example
- Etiology of aspiration pneumonia The organisms involved in aspiration pneumonia are generally those colonizing the upper oropharynx and gut.
- radiobiology of squamous cell carcinomas of the oropharynx.
- Clinical radiobiology of squamous cell carcinomas of the oropharynx.
- When air is inhaled (inspired), it passes through the nose and the nasopharynx or through the mouth and the oropharynx.
- Oropharynx-One of the three regions of the pharynx, the oropharynx is the region behind the mouth.Advertisement
- Air breathed in through the mouth travels through the oropharynx, which also carries swallowed food, water, and salivary secretions through the food tube (esophagus) and then into the stomach.
- The nasopharynx and oropharynx merge into the larynx, which is protected by a trap door called the epiglottis.