Originators sentence example
- The originators of this confederation were Adam Krasinski, bishop of Kamenets, Osip Pulawski and Michael Krasinski.
- The second volume (1733) on Haemostaticks, containing experiments on the "force of the blood" in various animals, its rate of flow, the capacity of the different vessels, &c., entitles him to be regarded as one of the originators of experimental physiology.
- Evidently the idea of the great Yokoya experts, the originators of the style, was to break away from the somewhat formal monotony of ordinary engraving, where each line performs exactly the same function, and to convert the chisel into an artists i It is first boiled in a lye obtained by lixiviating wood ashes; it is next polished with charcoal powder; then immersed in plum vinegar and salt; then washed with weak lye and placed in a, tub of water to remove all traces of alkali, the final step being to digest in a boiling solution of copper sulphate, verdigris and water.
- Nothing can be more curious than the way in which a school of English philosophers, which originally started from Hume, the most sceptical of phenomenalists, thus gradually passed over to Leibnitz and Fechner, the originators of panpsychistic noumenalism.
- The Chinese, the Arabs, the Greeks, the Etruscans, the Finns and the Italians have all been claimed as originators of the compass.Advertisement
- 2 Remaining at Oxford, Wallis, in fact, took no active part in the constitution of the new society, but he had been, from 1645, one of the originators of an earlier association in London, thus continued or revived.
- He contributed to Platner's Beschreibung der Stadt Rom, then under the direction of Bunsen, and was one of the principal originators and during his residence in Italy director of the Instituto di corrispondenza archeologica, founded at Rome in 1828.
- Lamech's family are the originators of various advances in civilization; he himself is the first to marry more than one wife, 'Adah ("ornament," perhaps specially "dawn") and Zillah ("shadow").
- It was natural enough that the originators of conceptual logic, seeing that judgments can be expressed by propositions, and conceptions by terms, should fall into the error of supposing that, as propositions consist of terms, so judgments consist of conceptions, and that there is a triple mental order - conception, judgment, reasoning - parallel to the triple linguistic order - term, proposition, discourse.
- It was found that, instead of containing nearly 6,000,000 signatures, as its originators had boasted, less than 2,000,000 names were attached to it.Advertisement
- The wonder of it all is the theory of algebraic invariants was successful far beyond the hopes of its originators.
- The IIasidim or pious devotees, who arose at that time, were the originators of the Pharisaic movement which was conservative as well as national, and laid stress on the strict performance of the law.
- Spyware embeds itself in certain parts of your computer collecting information and sending it to the originators of the cookie.
- Cowboys were the originators of denim vests, hence their ongoing popularity at rodeos and other Western events.
- You can also identify mortgage lenders and originators who are members of the Oregon Association of Mortgage Professionals by searching the OAMB website.Advertisement
- One of the best ways to identify qualified mortgage brokers and originators is by asking your friends, family, and business associates for referrals.
- The call was non-human, and old enough that it was thought that the originators were probably beyond help - the Company was apparently motivated by hopes of valuable salvage.