Ordinal-numbers sentence example
- To see this, we may represent ordinal numbers by the ordinary numerals I, 2, 3,..
- These relation-numbers are the infinite ordinal numbers.
- Instead of distinguishing the days by the ordinal numbers first,, second, third, &c., the Romans counted backwards from three fixed epochs, namely, the Calends, the Nones and the Ides.
- In using an ordinal we direct our attention to a term of a series, while in using a cardinal we direct our attention to the interval between two terms. The total number in the series is the sum of the two cardinal numbers obtained by counting up to any interval from the beginning and from the end respectively; but if we take the ordinal numbers from the beginning and from the end we count one term twice over.
- 2, and the points must therefore be denoted by the ordinal numbers 1, 2, 3,.Advertisement
- Whilst I took Nanna home, she did some maths of some sort - ordinal numbers apparently from Singapore maths 1a thinking skills.
- It basically revolves round the set of all ordinal numbers.
- The easiest way to remember what ordinal numbers are is to remember that 'ordinal' refers to what 'order' you are in.
- Therefore, ordinal numbers describe the order of something.