Orderlies sentence example
- The train drivers and orderlies harnessed and packed the wagons and tied on the loads.
- The Rostovs' servants and coachmen and the orderlies of the wounded officers, after attending to their masters, had supper, fed the horses, and came out into the porches.
- In the South African War of1899-1902it was even suggested that female nurses should replace orderlies at the front.
- "Oh, go to the devil!" called out a voice, drowned by the laughter of the orderlies and servants.
- In the yard, at the gates, at the window of the wings, wounded officers and their orderlies were to be seen.Advertisement
- The voices were those of the orderlies who were packing up; one voice, probably a coachman's, was teasing Kutuzov's old cook whom Prince Andrew knew, and who was called Tit.
- Two orderlies, a courier and a major-domo, stood near by, some ten paces from Prince Andrew, availing themselves of Kutuzov's absence and of the fine weather.
- In front of a landowner's house to the left of the road stood carriages, wagons, and crowds of orderlies and sentinels.
- Another group volunteered for non- combatant services e.g. stretcher bearers, ambulance drivers, medical orderlies.
- So he rattled on, telling all the gossip he had heard among the orderlies.Advertisement
- They were accompanied by a doctor, Prince Andrew's valet, his coachman, and two orderlies.
- Many women who prefer uniform dresses over scrubs also like the fact that the appearance helps differentiate them from orderlies in the busy hospital environment.
- Not only were huge sums offered for the horses and carts, but on the previous evening and early in the morning of the first of September, orderlies and servants sent by wounded officers came to the Rostovs' and wounded men dragged themselves there from the Rostovs' and from neighboring houses where they were accommodated, entreating the servants to try to get them a lift out of Moscow.