Ordered-out sentence example
- But as the captain of the " Endeavour " ordered out the pinnace and prepared to land, the natives threw off their nonchalance; for on the boat approaching the shore, two men, each armed with a bundle of spears, presented themselves on a projecting rock and made threatening signs to the strangers.
- On the 25th he was ordered out once more.
- He was next ordered out against the Solymi, a hostile tribe, and afterwards against the Amazons, from both of which expeditions he not only returned victorious, but also on his way back slew an ambush of chosen warriors whom Iobates had placed to intercept him.
- News of Isandhlwana reached England on the iith of February, and on the same day about Io,000 men were ordered out to South Africa.
- To protect the court and the national arsenal at Springfield, for which the Federal government was powerless to provide a guard, MajorGeneral William Shepard (1737-1817) ordered out the militia, called for volunteers, and supplied them with arms from the arsenal, and the court sat for three days.Advertisement
- He lived abroad from 1808 to 1812, passing most of his time in England, Scotland, Denmark, Sweden and France; trying to secure aid in the prosecution of his filibustering schemes but meeting with numerous rebuffs, being ordered out of England and Napoleon refusing to receive him.
- Mason of Michigan ordered out a division of Michigan militia, which near the end of March entered and took possession of Toledo.
- But his stay in England was brief, for in 1860 war was declared against China, and Gordon was ordered out there, arriving at Tientsin in September.
- Anatole Kuragin's father managed somehow to get his son's affair hushed up, but even he was ordered out of Petersburg.
- Pizza can either be ordered out or made at home.Advertisement