Ordains sentence example
- The latter enunciated the following rule: " If a bishop or priest be living in mortal sin, then he neither ordains, nor consecrates, nor baptizes."
- He then lays his right hand on it and ordains it, with the prayer: "Lay, 0 Lord, Thy holy hand upon this emblem of the cross and bless it."
- In baptism the rubric ordains that the baptized be plunged three times in the font in commemoration of the entombment during three days of the Lord.
- With his last breath Beowulf names Wiglaf his successor, and ordains that his ashes shall be enshrined in a great mound, placed on a lofty cliff, so that it may be a mark for sailors far out at sea.
- His niaphrian (fertilizer) since 1089 has lived at Mosul and ordains the bishops.Advertisement
- The 72nd canon ordains that " no minister or ministers shall, without licence and direction of the bishop under hand and seal, appoint or keep any solemn fasts, either publicly or in any private houses, other than such as by law are or by public authority shall be appointed, nor shall be wittingly present at any of them under pain of suspension for the first fault, of excommunication for the second, and of deposition from the ministry for the third."
- He ordains, for example, that they shall be called Ta-te.