Ord sentence example
- Between the Swan and North-West Cape the principal rivers are the Greenough, Murchison and Gascoyne; on the north-west coast, the Ashburton, Fortescue and De Grey; and in the Kimberley district, the Fitzroy, Panton, Prince Regent and the Ord.
- Stratford-on-Avon (Stradforde, Straf f ord, Straffordon-Avon) is a place of great antiquity.
- In 1802 he entered parliament through the duke of Norfolk's nomination as member for Thetford, and married a widow with six children, Mrs Ord, who had a life interest in a comfortable income.
- For thirty-six years Creevey had kept a "copious diary," and had preserved a vast miscellaneous correspondence with such people as Lord Brougham, and his step-daughter, Elizabeth Ord, had assisted him, by keeping his letters to her, in compiling material avowedly for a collection of Creevey Papers in the future.
- The diary, mentioned above, did not survive, perhaps through Brougham's success, and the papers from which Sir Herbert Maxwell made his selection came into his hands from Mrs Blackett Ord, whose husband was the grandson of Creevey's eldest step-daughter.Advertisement
- Among the monthlies which now appear are the following: Social Tidskrift, Nordisk Tidskrijt and Ord och Bild.
- It is a diamond-shaped peninsula jutting out from the mainland in a north-easterly direction, the longer axis, from Muir of Ord station to the South Sutor at the entrance to Cromarty Firth, measuring 20 m., and the shorter, from Ferryton Point to Craigton Point, due north and south, 12 m., and it has a coastline of 52 m.
- At Praed Street chapel he gradually obtained a ' The original writ of summons (1299) was addressed in Latin, Roberto domino de Clif f ord, i.e.
- With this arrangement a single revolution of the upper sheave causes the endless chain to wind up the chain on one side by an amount irD, and to unwind an amount Ord on the other side, and in consequence the lower sheave is raised by 7r(D - d)/2.
- In response to this the Ord River Regeneration Reserve was established to limit stock numbers and revegetate bare land.Advertisement
- The fossil of a sea urchin found in Middlesex is said to be 70 million years ord.
- Born in 1978 in Fort Ord, California, Matthew Morrison is a singer-songwriter and actor who landed the role of a lifetime when he signed on for the cast of Glee.