Orbitals sentence example
- Elements from group 3 across to the noble gases all have their outer electrons in p orbitals.
- The number of neutrons and protons is such that the valence nucleons occupy the same orbitals.
- Note however that the FZC orbitals must precede the orbitals permitted variable occupancy in the active list.
- The p orbitals at the second energy level are called 2p x, 2p y and 2p z.
- Remember: A sigma bond is formed by the end-to-end overlap between atomic orbitals.Advertisement
- The CORE and ACTIVE directives are provided for controlling the final subset of orbitals for inclusion in the CI.
- The program works with 40 occupied and unoccupied orbitals.
- Thus the fragmentation mechanisms do not depend upon which of the valence orbitals has been ionized.