Oratorians sentence example
- Such were the Oratorians of St Philip Neri, founded to evangelize the middle classes of Rome.
- In October 1845 Renan left the seminary of St Sulpice for Stavistas, a lay college of the Oratorians.
- Among the celebrated personages who became his life friends from this time were Pierre de Berulle, founder of the French Oratorians, Guillaume Duval, the scholar, and the duc de Bellegarde, the latter a special favourite of the king, who begged to be allowed to share the Saint's friendship. At this time also his gift as a preacher became fully recognized, and de Sanzea, afterwards bishop of Bethlehem, records that Duval exhorted all his students of the Sorbonne to listen to him and to imitate this, "the true and excellent method of preaching."
- He was educated at the military school of Tournon, conducted by the Oratorians, and entered the artillery at an early age.
- He was educated first at the college of the Oratorians at Beaune, and then in their college at Lyons - where, at sixteen, the year after he had been learning physics, he was made a teacher of it.Advertisement