Orangery sentence example
- Close to it lies the famous Herrenhausen, the summer palace of the former kings of Hanover, with fine gardens, an open-air theatre, a museum and an orangery, and approached by a grand avenue over a mile in length.
- The extensive additions and alterations made by Wren according to the taste of the King resulted in a severely plain edifice of brick; the orangery, added in Queen Anne's time, is a better example of the same architect's work.
- The street takes its name, however, from the Palazzo Balbi-Senarega, which has Doric colonnades and a fine orangery.
- Of other buildings may be mentioned the Library, with upwards of 80,000 printed books and many valuable MSS., the stately palace with its gardens and orangery, the former Benedictine nunnery (founded 1625, and now used as a seminary), and the Minorite friary (1238) now used as a furniture warehouse.
- A little farther on is the Orangery, an extensive edifice in the Italian style, containing numerous pictures and other works of art.Advertisement
- Highlights include an orangery and an exotic oriental water garden.
- It was they who restored the orangery and had the main hall paved with marble.
- Special dinner packages in Kew's refurbished orangery are available at £ 40.
- Whilst waiting for the clothes to wash, I visit the orangery for a snack.
- Another favorite of many visitors is a walk around the Broderie Italian Garden which is sunken to allow unspoiled views from the Victorian orangery.Advertisement
- One clever little touch was to use the Arched Window Surround recently made for the new orangery at the Charlton House Hotel, Nr.
- From the magnificent orangery built in 1789 to the impressive gothic Mansion House, Margam Country Park has surprises around every corner.
- Available in the delightful orangery, which overlooks a Japanese style garden.