Orange-peel sentence example
- They hold in their hands books turned upside down, and pretend to read through spectacles in which for glass have been substituted bits of orange-peel."
- The aromatic bitters such as chamomile flowers, cascarilla bark, hops, orange peel and others contain in addition small quantities of essential oils which increase their local action.
- They represent a large number of classes of substances of which the most important are: (1) Hydrocarbons, such as pinene in oil of turpentine, camphene in citronella oil, limonene in lemon and orange-peel oils, caryophyllene in clove oil and cumene in oil of thyme; (2) ketones, such as camphor from the camphor tree, and irone which occurs in orris root; (3) phenols, such as eugenol in clove oil, thymol in thyme oil, saffrol in sassafras oil, anethol in anise oil; (4) aldehydes, such as citral and citronellal, the most important constituents of lemon oil and lemon-grass oil, benzaldehyde in the oil of bitter almonds, cinnamic aldehyde in cassia oil, vanillin in gum benzoin and heliotropin in the spiraea oil, &c.; (5) alcohols and their esters, such as geraniol (rhodinol) in rose oil and geranium oil, linalool, occurring in bergamot and lavender oils, and as the acetic ester in rose oil, terpineol in cardamom oil, menthol in peppermint oil, eucalyptol in eucalyptus oil and borneol in rosemary oil and Borneo camphor; (6) acids and their anhydrides, such as cinnamic acid in Peru balsam and coumarin in woodruff; and (7) nitrogenous compounds, such as mustard oil, indol in jasmine oil and anthranilic methyl-ester in neroli and jasmine oils.
- The sodium in the salt combines with the silicates in the clay to produce a glossy ' orange peel ' textured glaze surface.
- Garnish your drink with a lemon or orange peel.Advertisement
- Garnish the drink with an orange wedge, maraschino cherry or twist of orange peel.
- If you like, you can garnish the drink with a cherry or an orange peel.
- This particular tea also features chamomile, orange peel and spearmint leaves to enhance the flavor.
- Add the remaining flour (2/3 cup), butter (1/2 cup) and orange peel.
- Examples include fresh tiger lilies atop a white cake, garnishes of orange peel on a traditional vanilla cake, or orange fondant flowers on a dessert with any color scheme.Advertisement
- Most classic cranberry sauce recipes only contain cranberries, water, a sweetener such as sugar, and optional flavor and texture enhancers such as orange peel and nuts.
- Grind an orange peel until it reaches a powdery consistency.