Opuscules sentence example
- The Lettres and Opuscules were republished in 1768.
- The most important of them have been mentioned above, with the exception of the Opuscules mathematiques (1761-1780), 8 vols.
- Opuscules et fragments inedits de Leibnitz.
- This publication comprises his Opuscules physiques et chimiques (1774), many memoirs from the Academy volumes, and numerous letters, notes and reports relating to the various matters on which he was engaged.
- After his death his published and unpublished writings were collected and published (with the exception of Les Cours royales des Iles Normandes and Lettres de Gerbert) in two volumes called Questions merovingiennes and Opuscules inedits (1896), containing, besides important papers on diplomatic and on Carolingian and Merovingian history, a large number of short monographs ranging over a great variety of subjects.Advertisement
- Several years after his death appeared Deux opuscules (1891) and MÃ©langes inedites (1892), while Notes et souvenirs, 1870-73, were published in 1901 by "F.
- These equations were found by d'Alembert from two principles - that a rectangular canal, taken in a mass of fluid in equilibrium, is itself in equilibrium, and that a portion of the fluid, in passing from one place to another, preserves the same volume when the fluid is incompressible, or dilates itself according to a given law when the fluid is elastic. His ingenious method, published in 1752, in his Essai sur la resistance des fluides, was brought to perfection in his Opuscules mathematiques, and was adopted by Leonhard Euler.