Opus-operatum sentence example
- Again his doctrine of fasting is a spiritualizing of a current opus operatum conception on Jewish lines as though " keeping a watch " (statio) in that way atoned for sins (Sim.
- Thus he avoids on the one side the opus operatum view, and on the other a merely receptionist position.
- But the highest developments of priestly influence are hardly separable from something of magical superstition, the opus operatum of the priest has the power of a sorcerer's spell.
- On such grounds was justified the transition of a baptism which began as a spontaneous act of self-consecration into an opus operatum.
- What they protested against was the theory of the opus operatum et meritorium as applied to fasting.Advertisement