Opprobrious sentence example
- Often the women joined in, and as they bid excitedly against each other the church rang with opprobrious epithets.
- This has been misunderstood in many ways - the mistake going so far as in some cases to suppose that Voltaire meant Christ by this opprobrious expression.
- They spent their energy in attacking Plato and Aristotle, and hence earned the opprobrious epithet of Eristic. They used their dialectic subtlety to disprove the possibility of motion and decay; unity is the negation of change, increase and decrease, birth and death.
- The brutal treatment he had experienced in boyhood under the orders of Adil Shah, and the opprobrious name of eunuch with which be was taunted by his enemies, no doubt contributed to embitter his nature.
- They repaid him with the opprobrious nickname of " Sheemas-a-Cacagh," or dirty James.Advertisement
- They struck upon the unfortunate and opprobrious term "middle ages" for that which stood between them and their classic ideals.