Oppositional sentence example
- Diagnosis may require psychiatric expertise to rule out such conditions as oppositional defiant disorder, bipolar disorder, or ADHD.
- Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD), a relatively new clinical classification, involves an ongoing pattern of antagonistic, defiant, and hostile behavior toward parents and other authority figures.
- Parents of a child with a serious behavior disorder like oppositional defiant disorder should work with their child's therapist to deal with encopresis in the context of other behavioral problems.
- The newspaper which serves a section of the Russian oppositional intelligentsia gave you a forum.
- But it is enough to assume that Thermidor is accomplished for the very bases of the Oppositional platform to become nonsensical.Advertisement
- The author 's depiction of oppositional politics and dynamics in the nationalist community is superficial in the extreme.
- Serious childhood antisocial behaviors can lead to diagnoses of conduct disorder (CD) or oppositional defiant disorder (ODD).
- Additional features may include excessive shyness, oppositional behavior, and impaired learning at school.
- As of 2004 several theories about the causes of oppositional defiant disorder are being investigated.
- "What is Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)?"Advertisement
- Suitable programs can include emotionally disturbed, oppositional, and disruptive students and offer smaller classes, specially trained staff, and closer supervision.
- When children generalize the aggressive and oppositional behavior that they have learned at home to their interactions with peers, other children often reject them.
- Cyanotic breath holding spells typically begin when children are in a negative or oppositional phase and are starting to assert their independence.
- Psychiatrists consider truancy one of many symptoms of oppositional defiant disorder or the more serious diagnosis of conduct disorder, especially when truancy begins before age 13.
- To give another example, such temperamental traits as irritability and strong negative reactivity are thought to contribute to the development of oppositional defiant disorder in some children.Advertisement
- Oppositional defiant disorder-An emotional and behavioral disorder of children and adolescents characterized by hostile, deliberately argumentative, and defiant behavior towards authority figures that lasts for longer than six months.
- Reported problems include obsessive/compulsive behaviors, depression, temper tantrums and violent outbursts, and tendencies to be argumentative, oppositional, rigid, manipulative, possessive, and stubborn.
- What Parents Need to Know about ODD: Upto-Date Insights and Ideas for Managing Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Other Defiant Behavior.