Opportunists sentence example
- At the congress of St-Etienne the difference developed into separation, those who refused all compromise with a capitalist government following Guesde, while the opportunists formed several groups.
- After the war of 1870-71 he took a leading place among; the most radical section of French politicians, as an opponent of the " opportunists " who continued the policy of Gambetta..
- endeavours to persuade the Federals, the Intransigeants, and even the Opportunists of Democracy that the times were ripe for a venture.
- This witch-hunt was a service to every force resisting such a break; to trade union bureaucrats, labor aristocrats and opportunists generally.
- It, too, has had its share of rubbish pedaled by insincere opportunists and deluded fools.Advertisement
- infuriatespan>infuriating to see the opportunists in the Liberal Democrats benefiting from the anti-war vote.
- From all sides opportunists, religious sectarians and racists have jumped in to exploit the situation.
- You must distinguish the crooks, opportunists and lechers involved in religious Taoism from the Taoist sages.
- He well understood the meaning of Christ's saying that He came not into the world to bring peace, but a sword: in a period when a lax spirit of conformity to the world had seized the churches he maintained the " vigor evangelicus " not merely against the Gnostics but against opportunists and a worldly-wise clergy.
- The Castle passed through the hands of various opportunists who attempted to charge the public for haunted tours.Advertisement
- The model asks potential business opportunists to picture themselves standing in aisle 18 waiting to check out when another shopper approaches and says something along the lines of, "You must not know the secret of aisle 19.
- While he had given them permission to speak to her, he found opportunists distasteful, however loyal they were.