Opium-poppy sentence example
- Opium is obtained from the latex of the opium poppy (Pa paver somniferum), which contains the alkaloid morphine.
- Methadone is an opiate substitute and is synthesized from the raw materials found in the opium poppy.
- - Opium Poppy (Papaver being assigned to the somniferum).
- Ancient Sumerian and Egyptian medical texts dated as early as 4000 B.C. mention the opium poppy (Papaver somniferum) as the source of a milky fluid (opium latex) that could be given to relieve coughs and insomnia as well as ease pain.
- Morphine-The principal alkaloid derived from the opium poppy for use as a pain reliever and sedative.Advertisement