Opisthobranchs sentence example
- The interesting little Rhodope veranyii, which has no odontophore, has been associated by systematists both with these simplified Opisthobranchs and with Rhabdocoel Planarians.
- For a comparison of various Opisthobranchs, Aplysia will be found to present a convenient starting-point.
- The great development of the parapodia seen in Aplysia is usual in Tectibranchiate Opisthobranchs.
- The typical character is retained by the heart, pericardium, and the communicating nephridium or renal organ in all Opisthobranchs.
- Opisthobranchs provided in the adult state with a shell and a mantle, except Runcina, Pleuro.Advertisement
- External to the branchia are seen ten club-like processes of the dorsal wall, these are the " cerata " which are characteristically developed in another sub-order of Opisthobranchs.
- In the marine Streptoneura they are ectodermic projections which ultimately fall off; in the Opisthobranchs they are closed pouches; in Paludina and Bithynia they are canals as in Pulmonata.