Opencast sentence example
- Comprehensive statistics on opencast coal have, in the past, been collected and published by the Planning Officers ' Society.
- Fossil fuel power, acid rain, global warming, opencast coal mining, more cancer.
- This in conjunction with the emerging foreign opencast mining, reduced the price of tin put the Cornish mining industry under dire financial pressure.
- The opencast coal mining industry has been made to appear a political pariah with the result that hundreds of jobs have been lost.
- The alluvial deposits are almost invariably worked opencast, those of the Malay Peninsula and Archipelago chiefly by Chinese labour: in a few instances hydraulic mining has been resorted to, and in other cases true underground mining is carried on; but the latter is both exceptional and difficult.Advertisement