Open-wound sentence example
- A diabetic patient with an open wound in his neck as a result of a surgically drained tooth abscess.
- I freaked out completely at the sight of the open wound cos Im really squeamish at the best of times.
- I might bleed too much, stain my bedclothes, get tetanus, have a poorly healing open wound or any number of nasties.
- The surgical procedure for the treatment of an open wound is - (r) arrest of haemorrhage; (2) cleansing of the wound and removal of any foreign bodies; (3) careful apposition of its edges and surfaces - the edges being best brought in contact by sutures of aseptic silk or catgut, the surfaces by carefully applied pressure; (4) free drainage, if necessary, to prevent accumulation either of blood or serous effusion; (5) avoidance of sepsis; (6) perfect rest of the part.
- Flood water contains bacteria that cause infections if exposed to an open wound or a skin condition such as psoriasis.Advertisement
- Pressure ulcer-Also known as a decubitus ulcer or bedsore, a pressure ulcer is an open wound that forms whenever prolonged pressure is applied to skin covering bony prominences of the body.
- The doctor will make sure that the patient is immunized against tetanus, which is routine procedure for any open wound.
- Infections can occur if blisters break and bacteria enters the open wound.
- Healthcare providers and patients should always wash their hands thoroughly with warm water and soap after treating a staph infection or touching an open wound or the pus it produces.
- Avoid contact with bodily fluids during the healing period since your piercing is an open wound.Advertisement
- An open wound exposes your body to dangerous bacteria that may cause infections.