Open-work sentence example
- It is an Early English and Decorated cruciform building of red sandstone, with a tower surmounted by a beautiful open-work crown.
- The open work was filled up with whitewash, the painting and gilding effaced, the furniture soiled, torn or removed.
- The parish church of St James is a fine Perpendicular building, with a lofty spire, and a beautiful open-work roof over the nave.
- The Chapel of the Girdle has good frescoes by Agnoio Gaddi (1365), a statue of the Virgin by Giovanni Pisano, and a handsome bronze open-work screen.
- "They seem like open-work," remarked the boy, gazing intently.Advertisement
- It is relatively modest, but has detached columns and a big segmental pediment and the spandrels of the doorway in open-work.
- The rings all feature an oval, open-work gallery with multiple brilliant cut stones.