Open-valley sentence example
- It lies in the open valley of the Trent, at a short distance from the river, and near the important Trent Junction on the Midland railway system.
- It lies on the river Weaver, in the upper part of its flat, open valley.
- Being built midway between the Sierra de Priego and Sierra Parapanda, and commanding the open valley between these ranges, it became one of the chief frontier fortresses of the Moors in the 15th century.
- was a great builder, and, in the prosperous era which followed his son's accession to the throne, the town reached the open valley to the south, with the Cowgate as its chief thoroughfare.
- DIARBEKR' (Kara Amid or Black Amid; the Roman Amida), the chief town of a vilayet of Asiatic Turkey, situated on a basaltic plateau on the right bank of the Tigris, which here flows in a deep open valley.Advertisement
- Only light boats (galary) are floated down this broad, shallow stream, whose flat and open valley is often inundated.
- It lies on the east (left) bank of the Lea, along the flat open valley of which runs the boundary between Essex and the county of London.
- On the left bank are the Lycus (Churuk Su), which flows westwards by Colossae through a broad open valley that affords the only natural approach to the elevated plateau, the Harpasus (Ak Chai), and the Marsyas (China Chai).
- It lies in an open valley on the west (left) bank of the Ouzel, where the great north-western road from London, the Roman Watling Street, crosses the stream, and is r m.
- The lower or southern gate, at the Masfala quarter, opened on the Yemen road, where the rain-water from Mecca flows off into an open valley.Advertisement
- It lies in a low open valley at the confluence of the rivers Weaver and Dane, and is the centre of the principal salt-producing district in the United Kingdom.
- North-west of Nazareth is Wadi el 1Ielek, an open valley full of springs.
- BANDON, Or Bandonbridge, a market-town of county Cork, Ireland, in the south-east parliamentary division, picturesquely situated in a broad open valley on both sides of the river Bandon.
- above sea-level, at the south end of the open valley of the Topino, a tributary of the Tiber, which it joins near Assisi.
- through a close mountainous region ere it widens into the more open valley to the south of Kolab.Advertisement