Open port sentence example
- The importance of Callao in colonial times, when it was the only open port south of Panama, did not continue under the new political order, because of the unsettled state of public affairs and the loss of its monopoly.
- As the port of that capital and the only open port below Panama it grew rapidly in importance and wealth.
- It occupies the site of the Tacape of the Romans and consists of an open port and European quarter and several small Arab towns built in an oasis of date palms. This oasis is copiously watered by a stream called the Wad Gabes.
- Wu-hu on the Yangtsze Kiang is the only open port in this province.
- The city was constituted an open port.Advertisement
- "At the end of the first year of its history as an open port Shanghai could count only 23 foreign residents and families, i consular flag, 11 merchants' houses, and 2 Protestant missionaries.