Open-book sentence example
- She was an open book to him and he was obsessed with the idea of reading it.
- After all we've been through together the past few years, you should've been an open book.
- Even this was not wholly satisfactory to Sarpi, who longed for the toleration of Protestant worship in Venice, and had hoped for a separation from Rome and the establishment of a Venetian free church by which the decrees of the council of Trent would have been rejected, and in which the Bible would have been an open book.
- It was like reading an open book.
- He found himself on the Caribbean Sanctuary, in the small chamber with the Oracle book. Sea breeze swept through the small windows of the room, and he took a step towards the lectern on which the open book rested. The pages displayed had a few words written on them rather than the constantly shifting writing that normally scrawled itself across the pages. He felt himself compelled towards the book even as his fight-or-flight instinct reared up.Advertisement
- The motif of an angel holding an open book is the same as that of a 14th century corbel in the north aisle.
- Her 2005 autobiography handstands in the Dark was voted a Best Read of 2005 by listeners of BBC Radio 4's Open Book series.
- Augustine describes a day when he saw his mentor, Ambrose, looking intently at an open book.
- Next morning when the valet came into the room with his coffee, Pierre was lying asleep on the ottoman with an open book in his hand.
- Pierre went nearer and saw that the lamp stood on a black table on which lay an open book.Advertisement
- Portfolios can be of the open book type or look like a large zippered carry bag.
- Depending on the search function for open book tests, they may hamper the student's learning ability.
- We want people who are an open book and not afraid to be vulnerable.