Opaline sentence example
- Figure 5. The aging process of Casa Montero's cherts: X-Ray diffraction pattern of opal and opaline chert obtained from the same nodule.
- What this is cannot easily be defined; it consists, perhaps, in the beauty of the atmosphere which Tennyson contrives to cast around his work, moulding it in the blue mystery of twilight, in the opaline haze of sunset: this atmosphere, suffused over his poetry with inestimable skill and with a tact very rarely at fault, produces an almost unfailing illusion or mirage of loveliness, so that, even where (as must sometimes be the case with every poet) the thought and the imagery have little value in themselves, the fictive aura of beauty broods over the otherwise undistinguished verse.
- If you collect Depression glass, adding an opaline, jadite, or EAPG (Early American Pressed Glass) rooster or two can be the finishing touch to the room.
- Features include steel case and bezel, Silvered opaline dial with black Roman numerals, Blue cabochon crown, and a pair of black alligator strap.
- Ladies and men's models offer stylish construction and cutting edge technology such as GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) indicators, 100 hour power reserves, calendars, and Opaline dials to keep you up to date no matter where you travel.Advertisement
- It is rather softer and less dense than crystallized quartz, its hardness being about 6.5 and its specific gravity 2.6, the difference being probably due to the presence of a small amount of opaline silica between the fibres.