Oospores sentence example
- When zygospores and oospores are produced a new cell-wall is also formed, but a long period of rest ensues.
- Besides the internal or centripetal growth, some cell-walls are thickened on the outside, such as pollen grains, oospores of Fungi, cells of Peridineae, &c. This centrifugal growth must apparently take place by the activity of protoplasm external to the cell.
- Moreover, there were reports from the Netherlands and Scandinavia of circumstantial evidence of oospores providing soil-borne inoculum.
- This could lead to earlier epidemics of disease initiated from seed- or soil-borne oospores.
- Oospores germinate in wet soils to produce a sporangium which then rapidly differentiates to release zoospores.Advertisement
- Oospores germinate to release motile zoospores that are readily carried in soil water and thus spread the disease within the crop.
- The outer protective walls of the oospores of some Fungi are formed out of protoplasm containing numerous nuclei, which is at an early stage separ~t~d from tl-,c. r,rofc,nI,,,zm of ih,~ o,~nor~ T,.