Ono sentence example
- The most noteworthy effort was the casting by Ono Goroymon in 1252 of the well-known bronze image, the Kamakura Daibutsu.
- Where the nitrous fumes prevail and there is less water present, sulphur dioxide combines with nitrous acid and oxygen to form nitroso-sulphuric acid, a crystalline substance of the formula SO 2 (OH)(ONO).
- The solid substance is, however, only exceptionally met with, as it at once dissolves in the mist of sulphuric acid floating in the chamber and forms" nitrous vitriol."Wherever this nitrous vitriol comes into contact with liquid water (not steam), which is also present in the chamber in the shape of mist, and practically as dilute sulphuric acid, it is decomposed into sulphuric and nitrous acid, thus: SO 2 (OH)(ONO) + H 2 O = H 2 SO 4 + HN02.
- The first step towards securing this requirement was taken as early as 1827 by Gay-Lussac, who discovered that the nitrous fumes, otherwise carried away from the lead chambers by the waste atmospheric nitrogen and oxygen, could be retained by bringing the gases into contact with moderately strong sulphuric acid, the result being the formation of nitroso-sulphuric acid: 2H 2 SO 4 + N203 = 2S0 2 (OH) (ONO) + H 2 O, and the latter remaining dissolved in sulphuric acid as "nitrous vitriol."
- The reaction is then: 2SO 2 (OH) (ONO) + SO 2 + 2H 2 O = 3H 2 SO 4 + 2NO; that is to say, all the "nitre" is returned to the chambers in the shape of NO; the sulphuric acid employed in the Gay-Lussac process is not merely recovered, but an additional quantity is formed from fresh S02; as the heat of the burner-gases also comes into play, much water is evaporated, which supplies part of the steam required for the working of the chambers; and the acid issues from the apparatus in a "denitrated" and sufficiently concentrated state (78 to 80% H2S04) to be used over again for absorbing nitrous vapours or any other purpose desired.Advertisement
- Also included in the price is the rain cover and sun parasol which were nearly £ 60 extra - £ 180 ono.
- Doggen is putting together an excellent trip, somewhat redolent of early Plastic Ono band meets Terminal Lovers.
- Who can forget the powerful image American celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz snapped of a naked John Lennon clinging to Yoko Ono just hours before he was shot and killed?
- John Lennon was cremated, and his ashes were given to his wife, Yoko Ono.
- She is celebrated for her photos of celebrities, including the famous cover photo of Yoko Ono and John Lennon.Advertisement
- Some are even comparing her to Yoko Ono.
- Harsh. To put it in analogical form: Ashlee Simpson is to Fall Out Boy as Yoko Ono is to the Beatles?
- His relationship with his second wife, Yoko Ono, was a source of creative inspiration and controversy.
- John Lennon suggested he come and play with The Plastic Ono Band, but the organizers declined.
- The Beatles' 1968 release Hey Jude was a slightly tweaked version of a song Paul McCartney wrote for John Lennon's son Julian to help him cope with his parents' divorce and his father's relationship with Yoko Ono.Advertisement