Onlooker sentence example
- But he had made up his mind to be not an actor but an onlooker and critic in the battle of life; and when Wieland, whom he met on one of his excursions, suggested doubts as to the wisdom of his choice, Schopenhauer replied, "Life is a ticklish business; I have resolved to spend it in reflecting upon it."
- It soon becomes apparent to the onlooker when the queen has joined the flying multitude of bees in the air, for they are seen to be closing up their ranks, and in a few moments begin to form a solid cluster, usually on the branch of a small tree or bush close to the ground.
- A van's outward appearance may not indicate to the casual onlooker that it is really a camper-something many people really care about.
- Silbury Hill, the largest prehistoric earthwork in Europe, seems designed to catch the eye of the onlooker from a distance.
- Stand back and ask yourself, " How do I represent falconry to the onlooker?Advertisement
- Any casual onlooker would have laughed at my efforts.
- Onlooker play is present when the child watches others playing.
- It's a startling look that compels the onlooker to want to see more.
- What the onlooker doesn't see is all the hard work these two do behind the scenes that generate positive and beneficial results.
- All you casual onlooker out there, get this and get yourself into a macho mood.Advertisement
- Bless Monsoon for providing for the stage where the casual onlooker still has to wonder for a second if you have a flabby midriff.
- I wish to become an active participant rather than a passive onlooker.
- In this age of growing interdependence, Japan is no longer free to remain a mere onlooker to the events on the world stage.
- Writing as an onlooker this appears extremely realistic with officers feet and clothing actually catching fire from real gasoline bombs.
- This allusion annoyed Jerome, who was exceedingly sensitive as to his reputation for orthodoxy, and the consequence was a bitter pamphlet war, very wonderful to the modern onlooker, who finds it difficult to see anything discreditable in the accusation against a biblical scholar that he had once thought well of Origen, or in the countercharge against a translator that he had avowedly exercised editorial functions as well.Advertisement
- So far no success against Wellington had been achieved, and Billow was still an onlooker.
- Here, the bikini bottom is "scrunched" or ruffled in such a way that an onlooker's eye is directed squarely at the wearer's bottom!