One-o-clock sentence example
- Yes, I can't believe it's one o'clock.
- The child, an eight year old girl named Marcia Stonehurst, was still in bed at one o'clock.
- From it the exact time is conveyed each day at one o'clock by electric signal to the chief towns throughout the country; British and the majority of foreign geographers reckon longitude from its meridian.
- The plague was scarcely stayed before the whole city was in flames, a calamity of the first magnitude, but one which in the end caused much good, as the seeds of disease were destroyed, and London has never since been visited by such an epidemic. On the 2nd of September 1666 the fire broke out at one o'clock in the morning at a house in Pudding Lane.
- The sale of liquor on Sunday or between one o'clock and five o'clock in the morning of any other day is unlawful.Advertisement
- The earliest extant account of a liturgical celebration of Palm Sunday is that given in the Peregrinatio Silviae (Eleutheriae),' which dates from the 4th century and contains a detailed account of the Holy Week ceremonies at Jerusalem by a Spanish lady of rank The actual festival began at one o'clock with a service in the church on the Mount of Olives; at three o'clock clergy and people went in procession, singing hymns, to the scene of the Ascension; two hours of prayer, singing and reading of appropriate Scriptures followed, until, at five o'clock the reading of the passage from the Gospel telling how "the children with olive branches and palms go to meet the Lord, and cry: ` Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord '" gave the signal for the crowd to break up, and, carrying branches of olive and palm, to conduct the bishop, in eo typo quo tune Dominus deductus est, 2 with cries of "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord!"
- Fawkes was brought into the king's bedchamber, where the ministers had hastily assembled, at one o'clock.
- Mr. Hunt ascended the hustings about half-past one o'clock and proceeded to address the immense multitude.
- The exercises began at nine, and it was one o'clock before we could leave.
- At one o'clock the next day Massasoit "brought two fishes that he had shot," about thrice as big as a bream.Advertisement
- It was past one o'clock when Pierre left his friend.
- It was past one o'clock.
- Prince Andrew's regiment was among the reserves which till after one o'clock were stationed inactive behind Semenovsk, under heavy artillery fire.
- Having changed horses twice and galloped twenty miles in an hour and a half over a sticky, muddy road, Bolkhovitinov reached Litashevka after one o'clock at night.
- AlgyPerforms.com offers a set in One O Clock Jump for women and men.Advertisement