One-horse sentence example
- Behind the truck was a one-horse trailer - old, but in good condition.
- In 1876, at Birmingham, the competitions were of self-delivery reapers, one-horse reapers and combined mowers and reapers without self-delivery.
- Animals suffer from the ravages of bot flies (Oestridae) and gad flies (Tabanidae); while the tsetse disease is due to the tsetse fly (Glossina morsitans), carrying the protozoa that cause the disease from one horse to another.
- Siena is divided into seventeen contrade (wards), each with a distinct appellation and a chapel and flag of its own; and every year ten of these contrade, chosen by lot, send each one horse to compete for the prize palio or banner.
- Having reached the bank on the Ganges, he would halt at the place allocated for parking and tying up one-horse carts.Advertisement
- Periche is a ' one horse ' town, little more than a few shacks on a wind swept plain between 5000 meter mountains.
- Dashing through the snow, in a one-horse open sleigh, Over the fields we go, laughing all the way.
- Since one horse was capable of doing the work required, Rumford remarked that one horse can generate heat as rapidly as nine wax candles burning in the ordinary manner.
- Directly opposite to him came a strange one-horse vehicle, evidently rigged up by soldiers out of any available materials and looking like something between a cart, a cabriolet, and a caleche.
- He had ruined more than one horse in their service.Advertisement
- Online movie ticket purchasing websites are becoming more and more common, so whether you live in the big city or a one horse town, there is bound to be a movie theater near you that the accepts online movie tickets.