One-eyed sentence example
- From this region started an important trade route eastward by the Thyssagetae among the southern Urals, the Iyrcae on the Tobol and Irtysh to the Kirgiz steppe, where dwelt other Scyths, regarded as colonists of those in Europe: then by the Argippaei in the Altai and the Issedones in the Tarym basin, to the one-eyed Arimaspi on the borders of China, who stole their gold from the watchful griffins, and who marched with goat-footed men and Hyperboreans reaching to the sea.
- Basil blinded 15,000 prisoners, leaving a one-eyed man to every hundred to lead them to their tsar, who fainted at the sight and died two days later.
- Giants, as well as a blind or one-eyed monster, are frequently introduced, and the Aesopic fable is not without its representatives.
- He was usually represented as one-eyed, having left an eye in pawn that he might purchase a draught from Mimir's well.
- What was the name of the one-eyed giant of Greek mythology?Advertisement
- There followed much soul-searching on whether a one-eyed kite could survive in the wild.
- If you have the one-eyed Jack, then you can remove an opponent's chip and replace it with yours.
- The Goonies (1985) - A group of kids set out to find the hidden treasure left behind by a pirate, One-Eyed Willie.
- Battalions were then formed of one-eyed men, and of soldiers who, having cut off their right-hand fingers, were made to shoot from the left shoulder.
- They were supposed to be one-eyed (hence their Scythian name), and to steal gold from the griffins that guarded it.Advertisement