One-armed sentence example
- Any estate with a revenue exceeding 100,000 aspres was a khas, and was conferred on a prince or on a high dignitary as long as he held his post; for each 5000 aspres of revenue one armed warrior had to be furnished in war.
- Fiefs with a revenue of from 3000 to 20,000 aspres were timars, furnishing one armed warrior for every 3000 aspres' revenue; the grant of a fief was conditional on obligatory residence.
- The city will have no more than 100,000 one-armed bandits.
- Another, equally idiotic piece, involved someone having his arms and legs sawn off by a sadistic one-armed lunatic.
- impressive to watch a one-armed chef at work, if nothing else.Advertisement
- Or how my grandfather used to swim effeminate little one-armed laps until he got tired.
- Mac Macdonald was a one armed magic pitchman and the trick was first credited to him around 40 years ago by Vernon and Ganson.
- There was at that time only one American vessel, the brig "Oneida" (16), and one armed prize, a schooner, on the lake.
- Only the man who had the next bed, a stout Uhlan, continued to sit on his bed, gloomily frowning and smoking a pipe, and little one-armed Tushin still listened, shaking his head disapprovingly.
- If you have lovely arms and shoulders, a strapless or one-armed dress will maximize your favorite body parts well.Advertisement
- In 1991, Jack Palance demonstrated that a person can be in great shape at any age; his one-armed push-ups are still the stuff of screen legends.