On-the-wane sentence example
- Benedek's resolution was, however, already on the wane.
- But his influence was now on the wane.
- Espartero crushed with much energy a revolutionary rising in Barcelona, but on his return to Madrid was so coldly welcomed that he perceived that his prestige was on the wane.
- In the case of the great order, or assemblage, of Ungulata it is necessary to pay somewhat more attention to fossil forms, since a considerable number of groups are either altogether extinct or largely on the wane.
- His term of office was far from tranquil; discontented generals stirred up ceaseless revolts and insurrections; and, though he was re-elected in 1871, his popularity seemed to be on the wane.Advertisement
- The unique aura of an art object has been on the wane for some time now.
- It flowers late in August and September, when other kinds are on the wane.