On-the-sly sentence example
- He knew Fred would be waiting up for him, but decided to let the old man cool his heels, punishment enough for setting up the evening's activity on the sly.
- 54, "tacitas preces in templo dis allegasti: igitur magus es"), a notion that suffers easy translation into the view that there are more or less disreputable gods with whom private trafficking may be done on the sly (cf.
- A footman, thinking no one saw him, was drinking on the sly what was left in the glasses.
- If your dog is one of those who wiggles and whines with anxiety when the camera is pointing right at him, why not consider snapping some shots on the sly while he's occupied doing something else?
- Without coming out and asking your partner about their favorite type of lingerie, here's how you can do it on the sly.Advertisement