On-the-books sentence example
- The number of pensioners then on the books of the Pensions Office was 13,257.
- His principal theological works are a commentary in three volumes on the Books of the Sentences of Peter Lombard (Magister Sententiarum), and the Summa Theologiae in two volumes.
- For subsequent developments, and the fruitful results of documentary analysis as applied to the Pentateuch and other composite books, which cannot be dealt with in any detail here, reference must be made to the special articles on the books of the Old Testament.
- See the separate bibliographies to the separate articles on the books of the New Testament.
- The council consists of the provost and sixteen members of the senate elected by the fellows, professors, &c; the senate consists of the chancellor or his deputy and doctors and masters who keep their names on the books.Advertisement
- The average number of students on the books is about 1300.
- See the articles on the books in question.
- It is governed by a naval captain borne on the books of the flagship of the admiral superintendent at Gibraltar.
- On the 29th of June 1686 Halley wrote to Newton: - " I am heartily sorry that in this matter, wherein all mankind ought to acknowledge their obligations to you, you should meet with anything that should give you unquiet "; and then, after an account of Hooke's claim to the discovery as made at a meeting of the Royal Society, he concludes: " But I found that they were all of opinion that nothing thereof appearing in print, nor on the books of the Society, you ought to be considered as the inventor.
- Besides preaching every day in each alternate week, he taught theology three days in the week, attended weekly meetings of his consistory, read the Scriptures once a week in the congregation, carried on an extensive correspondence on a multiplicity of subjects, prepared commentaries on the books of Scripture, and was engaged repeatedly in controversy with the opponents of his opinions.Advertisement
- There is also a senate, composed of the chancellor or vice-chancellor and all doctors and masters who have kept their names on the books of Trinity College.
- These give further bibliographical information, for which see also the articles on the books of the Pentateuch.
- Here he continued his practice of lecturing on the books of the Bible; and he soon afterwards established a perpetual divinity lecture, on three days in each week, in St Paul's church.
- The legend of King Arthur was based on the books written by the clerics of the Medieval era or the Middles Ages.
- Bible stories geared toward children are based on the books of Bible from which adults pray and study but are written specifically for younger audiences.Advertisement
- The Twilight series, based on the books by Stephenie Meyer, has gained an almost cult-like following, and the movies have delivered even more avid fans.
- They can be just on the Books of Bible or saints or ever on just a specific Bible story.
- The Vampire Diaries TV series is based on the books of the same name by L.J.